YouTube is a huge site hosting millions of videos, so finding the right one can some times be tough. You have to sort through a lot of garbage before you find the good stuff. After using YouTube for a while I discovered a network of YouTube rappers who seem to be very closely connected, through their collaborations and twitter accounts. Since I believe they are all amazing rappers, that excel in their own styles, I'm going to list them in NO PARTICULAR ORDER: The Top 10 Rappers on YouTube.
***IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER***
- Wax - A very cool, laid-back guy just trying to get through life. It seems he lives for music and it shows in his lyrics. He is bringing rap back to the pen and I constantly find myself re-watching his videos to make sure I catch every line. He has teamed up with EOM, a great producer, and they released an album that is available on iTunes called Liquid Courage. But the best thing about Wax is that he has a twin. http://www.youtube.com/user/waxandherbalt
- Herbal-T - Although, he is unique in his skill he is not in the rap game alone. He is Wax's twin. Together they rip the game apart with their similar styles and genius lyrics. Although, Herbal-T does not make as many songs or videos as Wax, when he does it is sure to be straight fire. He shares a channel with his brother, ohh..brotherly love!
- Prince EA - An incredibly intelligent college student, Prince EA may write the deepest verses known to mankind. Personally, I have to Google or research some of the stuff he spits, just to understand his point. But he doesn't stop at lyrics, he has an nice flow to top it all off. And this is not just an opinion, it is a fact. Recently, Prince EA was named the Vibe Verses Champion, a very respectable title and achievement. To compliment his intelligence, he created a movement to "Make SMART Cool". http://www.youtube.com/user/thamagicsho2003
- Traphik - He seems like one of those guys that everyone loves. He is outgoing, positive, and funny. But don't let his comedy videos throw you off. He can rap! To prove it, he is the most subscribed rapper on YouTube with over 300,000 subscribers. And the weird thing, he still isn't signed. However he does have an album out called Rush Hour that you can get off of iTunes. http://www.youtube.com/user/TimothyDeLaGhetto2
- D-Pryde - After seeing a couple of D-Pryde's video's I was blown away. Now when I hear the word passion, immediately I think of this kid. His songs all have a very unique quality about them, personally I think it is the vocals. Just like the previously mentioned guys, lyrics are no weak-link for this teenager. He started with comedy, but his rap success has converted him into a full time musician. http://www.youtube.com/user/NHBfilms
- Dumbfounded - I know it is getting repetitive, but this guy is a monster when it comes to lyrics too. That is what sets the guys on this list apart from the crowd, and even the mainstream music. Lyrically, dumbfounded has a gift, and he is using it well. Another young adult, who could easily take on any rapper in the main-stream. http://www.youtube.com/user/dumbfoundead
- DyMeZ-A-DuZiN - A young high school rapper who is great at what he does. Whether it be one of his skits that he produces or a song, Dymez is a success. His raps are filled great lyrical content, but he is still able to make a song that sounds great! http://www.youtube.com/user/Dymez513
- Ming - He is not as popular as some of the other guys on this list but he deserves to be. He overflows his raps with tight metaphors that force you to replay the song over and over. He even adds captions to explain his lyrics, but they are so complex they deserve a second listen. People have slept on Ming but it is time he receives the credit he deserves.
- An0maly - A young college student with crazy flow, both in his songs and on his head. Lyrics wise, there might not be anyone better. And his delivery is nice too, although a lot of people on YouTube would disagree. I would say if he doesn't make it as a rapper himself, he defiantly has the mind and words to make it as ghostwriter or something. Anything to display his talent for writing. http://www.youtube.com/user/SuburbanInvasion
- Lil Crazed - Finally, this young father is amazing. Don't let the fact that he is a father fool you. He has the most swagger on this list. And he can rap too. His delivery and flow are so perfect that he could rap about anything and I would listen. Even if he just said random words for 3 minutes it would sound better than the rap on the radio. http://www.youtube.com/user/lilcrazed
- Kody - Last on the list, but defiantly not least. Kody is less popular (subscribers wise) than all the other guys on the list., which doesn't make sens becasue he is just as good as anyone. To prove his credibility he worked with the rap group Slaughterhouse, one of the few real rap groups around. As this kid continues to add videos, I'm sure his YouTube popularity will shoot up.
Each of these guys should be signed. They are all better than the garbage rap you hear on the radio. If i had the money I would happily created a label and sign these guys and bring real rap back. However, I don't have the money to do that, so for now all we can do is hope. Or you could click on the links on this page to help me out!
Other great YouTube rappers: Micah B (http://www.youtube.com/user/MovieMicah), and anyone on the official YouTube Cyphers (Just Youtube "Official MC Showcase 09", "Here We Go Yall Cypher", or "Suicide Bomber Cypher".